Avnu Certification Overview
The Avnu Alliance Certification Program is open to member companies, allowing them to give customers the confidence that their Certified products and systems have passed rigorous conformance testing, reducing tech support costs.
Steps for Avnu Certification:
- Become an Avnu Alliance member, and pay the applicable annual membership fee.
- Applicant signs in and registers product with Avnu Alliance using the Certification Management System.
- Upon approval of the above and confirmation of member’s status, Avnu’s Technical Programs Manager will inform the Applicant and the Recognized Test Facility (RTF) of Applicant’s choice of the product assigned Test ID (TID), test versions, CRSL version, and other information.
- Remit payment of $250 USD registration fee per product and derivative product to Avnu Admin.
- RTF executes required conformance test cases ensuring tests are executed correctly. After testing is complete, RTF issues preliminary test report(s) for review by the Applicant.
- If the device fails, the Applicant is notified of the failure and reason. The Applicant and RTF collaborate to determine whether the Product needs to be fixed or a Waiver should be submitted. The Applicant will work with the RTF and Avnu Technical Programs Manager as outlined in the Certification Process Flow to fix the product and retest, or have the failure waived.
- If the device passes, the RTF generates a Certification report for review by the Applicant and Avnu Technical Programs Manager. If the Avnu Technical Programs Manager approves of the passing Certification report, certification of conformance is granted to the Product and the Certification ID (CID) is issued.
- Avnu members wanting to use the Avnu or Milan certification logos will need to execute the Certification Mark License Agreement.
Avnu Express Test Tool:
User must be logged in to submit the request license form. Request Avnu Express Test Tool license
Avnu members using the Avnu Express Test Tool have the option of providing their own hardware or purchasing a bundle that will include the hardware test set up. The hardware bundle includes a Linux-based PC, a Windows-based PC and a Wi-Fi router to connect the two along with a remote power switch approved for global use.
Avnu members can also receive a discount for purchasing ProfiShark 1G+ all-in-one Gigabit network TAPs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.